3/18/10

Planes, Trains and Automobiles


There's a certain romance about old things, classical things. Vintage dresses, from flapper to medieval make me smile (ignoring, of course, corsets). Beautiful, shiny old cars that still look like the horse was removed from the buggy and an engine was put in instead make me want to go for a sunny drive. A guitar rift from The Beatles or the Rolling Stones makes me want to laugh, and a long violin note makes me want to read, or kiss deeply. I might go for a very long train ride this summer, across the great expanse of the West. I picture red carpeting and chandeliers and tea. I know this won't be the case, but that's what I picture, and I want to share it with someone I love very much. Maybe, when I'm much older, trains will be one mode of transportation for me and my yet-unknown love as we explore the corners of our own country that we never bothered to inspect before.

No comments:

Post a Comment