4/7/11

distant wish


"We need a witness to our lives. There's a billion people on the planet... what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything. The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things... all of it, all of the time, every day. You're saying 'Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it. Your life will not go un-witnessed because I will be your witness'." Felipe knows me better than anyone else in the world because he has cared about my everything, all the time, every day for the last nine years. On April 2, 2011, looking out over the Chicago skyline from the Navy Pier Ferris Wheel, Felipe promised to be my witness for the rest of our lives.
____________________________________________

I don't get super worked up over engagements anymore. I figure maybe that'll happen to me someday, or maybe not. And it doesn't really matter, because I'm enough for me to figure out. 

But this one... this one kind of got me. Leave it to Lydia to make it beautiful and out-of-the-ordinary. Leave it to her to make it extraordinary. 

I want someone to care about my everything. I want someone to be my witness.

No comments:

Post a Comment