4/28/11

a letter

Sometimes, you remember that things didn't used to be so bad. That's what I'm setting out to do. This one relationship inexplicably means everything to me, and I don't want to see it sink. Which is not to say that it's currently sinking, but I want to bolster it even further. I want to start all over, acknowledge the past and the beauty of it, but not take hits of the horrible parts like some drug laced with pain. And I want to remember the good things.

I love your smile. When I make you smile, I feel like I've won a prize.
I think it's amazing the passion you have for so many things. Sometimes I wonder if I'm not getting everything out of life because I don't feel the same excitement.
When you love, you love all the way, full on, and it's astounding.
You match my curiosity in all things.
You see beauty in the most unexpected places. Sometimes I think I'm not looking hard enough.
Debates with you are fiery and intelligent, and sometimes frustrating (but in a good way).
I love that when you're worried, you'll research it into the ground until you understand every aspect of it.
Most of all, I love that you're around. You may not be at my every call, and that bothers me a lot, but you're still always there.

Starting next Sunday, we've got a lot of work to do, but I think we can do it. Miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment