12/14/10

you could be my punk rock princess


I wish I was a princess. Princesses are a hot, rare commodity.

I'm conflicted. Always conflicted. Forgiving shouldn't be easy, especially not for some of the things I regularly forgive, but I do it all the time anyway, like it's a piece of cake. Maybe I'm not forgiving all the way? Or maybe I'm especially good at it.

I'm exploring the waters of being destructive. Okay, not really destructive, I haven't broken anything and I don't intend to. But I mean I'm hellbent on doing whatever I feel like doing. And it's silly, but I feel like I'm releasing myself when I so much as paint my nails almost black. Friday I'm putting bright purple streaks in my hair. Emo much? Not really. Just bored and destructive. If I get a job this summer, I might get that other tattoo I've been thinking about. The rose. Romance and friends. Two of the most important things I have. Not the only two, because of course family is important, but romance and friends are signified in that rose.

Tonight I want to kiss someone. Nothing more, just kiss. It doesn't even have to be perfect. Just to prove... I don't know, it doesn't really prove anything. I just want to.

Beautiful destruction. I don't know what that means, but I love the backwardness of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment