2/10/11

not half bad


Friends, man. I love 'em. Some set the standard, like with Kim and Amy (Be less emotional. Distance between head and heart. Let it slide off my back). Patty talked me down from a figurative ledge today. Meggi made me laugh, which I needed. Lexie gave me a much needed ride and decided to bake with me on Sunday, which I have desperately been wanting to do.

Friends are really difficult sometimes, and it's not often that I have that kind of luck with them. But today was just one of those days that made me sit back, reflect, and think "You know... I have it good. I have it real good."

By the by... funny anecdote. Kim turned to me tonight and said, "You're not going home this weekend, are you?"
"No," I said, "why?"
"Because this one," she replied, nodding contemptuously toward her other little (as in sister, regarding our organization), my twin, "is going home, AND because I wanna hang out with you!"
Irritated, I said, "Great, I'm just the replacement little."
Kim fired back immediately. "It's because you never sleep in my bed with me!" (A running joke about the hospitality of her bed, which she named Cloudia. Get it? Like a cloud? Ha.)
"You have a twin-sized bed, Captain Intelligence!" I exclaimed. "I'm the one with a queen! If you want a sleepover, reconsider location and come over to my place!"
She answered with a sassy tone, "Challenge accepted."

No comments:

Post a Comment