11/18/10

these are a few of my favorite things

You Fit Into Me

You fit into me
like a hook into an eye.

A fish hook
an open eye.
- Margaret Atwood

Solitary Observation Brought Back
From A Sojourn In Hell

At midnight tears
run into your ears.
- Louise Bogan

Résumé

Razors pain you; rivers are damp;
acids stain you; and drugs cause cramp;
Guns aren't lawful; nooses give;
Gas smells awful; you might as well live.
- Dorothy Parker

Upon Entering

I shall die in my boots.
Kick open the saloon doors
of heaven or hell,
lasso the darkest hombre
and shoot any hat in the house
who doesn't buy me a drink.
- Kim Konopka

A Man Said to the Universe

A man said to the universe,
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe
"the fact has not created in me
a sense of obligation."
- Stephen Crane 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment