11/8/10

"this'll be the day that i die"


 There's a lot of wisdom to be had in classic rock.

Did you write the book of Love,
and do you have faith in God above?
Well, if the Bible tells you so.
Do you believe in rock 'n roll?
Can music save your mortal soul and
can you teach me how to dance real slow?

Well I know that you're in love with him
coz I saw you dancing in the gym.
You both kicked off your shoes.
Man, I dig those rhythm and blues!
I was a lonely teenage broncin' buck
with a pink carnation and a pick-up truck,
but I knew I was out of luck
the day the music died.

Or how about this little gem:

A singer in a smoky room...
the smell of wine and cheap perfume.
For a smile they can share the night,
it goes on and on and on and on.

I think there's a lot to be learned from classic rock. I think they knew something Lil Wayne just can't seem to grasp. I think they held the secret of Life or something. I think I should take up listening to classic rock more often. Jesus, isn't that what parents' old records and a well-tuned Pandora station are for?

And by the by... I actually did dye my hair. I take small steps outside of my comfort zone, and I do them on my own time, but I do take them.

No comments:

Post a Comment